Many caring people have reached out to ask us how the community can help Food Share feed vulnerable families and seniors during the COVID-19 emergency.
There are TWO keys ways can support our mission, which is more vital now than ever.
1. Sign up for a volunteer shift.
Our volunteers enable to us to do the work we do. Without them it become very difficult for us to operate. Since the beginning of this outbreak, many of our volunteer groups have canceled their shifts. We have also asked that our volunteers who are aged 65+ or have health conditions that may leave them more vulnerable to infection, to put their own health needs first and self-isolate. So, we need help!
If you are not in a high-risk group, are not experiencing any symptoms of illness please register for a shift below.
We are taking safety precautions to ensure everyone stays safe and healthy.
- Our facility is being cleaned and sanitized daily by a professional cleaning company. We are also wiping down door handles and other surfaces in common use multiple times a day with a bleach solution.
- On arrival at our facility, volunteers will be asked to thoroughly wash their hands and will then be given a fresh pair of protective gloves. Volunteers must repeat this process when they take a break.
- Volunteers must also sign in with their full name and contact details and sign out again when they leave so that we can quickly identify possible exposure should someone later test positive for COVID-19.
- During their shift, volunteers will be positioned 6 feet apart on the packing and sorting lines, to ensure a safe level of social distancing.
Pop-up Food Pantry – Ventura Fairgrounds
Pop-Up Food Pantry – Harding Park, Santa Paula
2. Donate to help our food purchasing efforts
There will be an increase in demand for emergency food assistance over the forthcoming weeks and we need to buy more food. Now. We are asking that you donate on our secure donation webpage. Please help with a donation no matter how small. We Thank You!