Other Kinds of Help

Below is a list of some resources and links that offer other kinds of help with food, housing, medical care and more. For food assistance, click here to download a Pantry List.

211 Ventura County connects community members to information about critical health and human services available in our community, including services for food, clothing, shelter, physical and mental health, drug and alcohol intervention and rehabilitation, support for the elderly, and employment support. 211 is a free service available in multiple languages 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

211 Ventura County is a program of Interface Children & Family Services.

To find information about local services, please visit www.211ventura.org, dial 211 (or 800-339-9597 from outside Ventura County), or text your zip code to 898211.”

The Ventura County Heath Care Agency strives to provide high quality preventive care and treatment for the indigent, uninsured and others unable to secure health care services. The Health Care Agency oversees the daily operations of: Ventura County Medical CenterSanta Paula HospitalClinicsPublic HealthBehavioral HealthEmergency Medical Services, and Medical Examiner’s Office.

For information about health insurance in Ventura County, go to coveredVC.com.

The Ventura County Human Services Agency provides public services that promote self-sufficiency, health and wellbeing. These programs ensure the protection of children, the elderly, and dependent adults, and provide a safety net for individuals and families who need assistance with basic necessities, such as food, housing and health care. Additionally, HSA helps people secure employment through education, training, job search skills, and job placement.

The Human Services Agency has recently posted this page to help explain the impact of recent health care reform.

CalFresh is for low-income people who meet federal income eligibility rules and want to add to their budget to put healthy and nutritious food on the table.

There are three ways individuals can access CalFresh: in person, via phone, and on-line.

Visit one of the Ventura County Human Services locations throughout the county or the Ventura.org website to check eligibility.

Call the Ventura County Human Services Agency at 1-888-472-4463.

Visit the MyBenefits CalWin website.


Put food on the table for a family in need
$10 = 30 MEALS