Senior Programs

Are you a senior in need of food?
Or know someone who is?

Food Share’s Senior Food Box program works to improve the health of low-income seniors by providing monthly, nutritious, shelf-stable food packages to income-eligible seniors aged 60 and over.

Currently, Food Share has close to 40 Senior Food Box distribution sites throughout Ventura County that cater to the needs of seniors living on a fixed income.

In-Person Pickup:

Step 1: Determine if you are eligible for a Senior Food Box

To be eligible, you or your loved one must be at least 60 years of age and meet the program’s income guidelines. Proof of income not required:

Step 2: Find a distribution site near you

Open THIS searchable map to find the distribution site most convenient for you.

  • Add your LOCATION to see only sites close to you.

CLICK HERE for a downloadable and printable PDF of full distribution list. 

QUESTIONS? Please contact Angela Aparicio at
or call at (805) 983-7100.

Step 3: Enroll in person

At the Senior Food Box distribution site, you will meet a Food Share Hunger Relief Worker and they will help to get you enrolled.

Please bring with you:

  • A proof of identity and date of birth (driver’s license, I.D. card, passport from any country, medical card, etc.)
  • If your current address is not listed on your proof of identity, bring a second document that has your current address  (car registration, bill, etc.)

Step 4: What if I can’t enroll in person?

If you are unable to personally attend a distribution to either apply for or renew your 3-year recertification for a Senior Food Box, the good news is that now you have the option to nominate a “proxy” – someone who can complete these tasks on your behalf.

To ensure a smooth application or renewal process, the following items will be needed when submitting the form:

  1. Completed Form 010 – The Proxy Designation Form: Both you and the chosen proxy should fill out and sign this form.
  2. Identification: Please provide identification for both you and the designated proxy.
  3. Proof of Current Address: A document dated within the last 60 days should be included to verify the Senior Food Box applicant’s name and current address. This could be a utility bill, a statement from a financial institution, or even a written confirmation from a healthcare provider.

Please keep in mind that these details might be subject to change, so it’s a good idea to stay informed.

For those already part of the Senior Food Box program who currently have an active application on file, you have the option to designate a proxy using Form 011 – The Alternate Proxy Pick Up Form.

What’s included?

A variety of food types such as cereal, grains, cheese, juice, canned meat, poultry or fish, self-stable fluid milk, peanut butter, canned vegetables and canned fruit. The Senior Food Box Program is supported through USDA’s Commodity Supplemental Food Program.

Selection of food in a Senior Kits box

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or


This institution is an equal opportunities provider.


Put food on the table for a family in need
$10 = 30 MEALS